The Pioneer DDJ-SB3 is a 2-channel DJ Controller solely designed for use with Serato DJ Lite which features Pad Scratch. An industry first! On top of that, Pad scratch has been co-developed with world renowned DJ Jazzy Jeff.
|Pioneer DDJ-SB3 Video Intro|
The Pioneer DDJ-SB3 is the latest addition to the Serato controller family and inherits many of its features from the ever popular Pioneer DDJ-SB2 along with others in the DDJ-S series. The controller provides an instinctive layout, is easily movable and includes top-of-the range features, all of which are suited for a beginner DJ.
Pioneer DDJ-SB3 Key Features
The updated interface includes dedicated Play/Cue/Sync/Shift buttons, dedicated Auto Loop, 45mm tempo fader, eight performance pads (on each deck) and jog wheels, all positioned in a layout that feels natural to users. The layout along with the innate features allows for professional DJ performances. The controller has a quality feel, especially with the aluminium jog wheels, also it is robust, and encased in a sturdy frame, as you would expect with Pioneer DJ hardware.
The Pioneer SB3 controller has one Mic (¼-inch TS jack) input, one Master (RCA) output, one Phones (3.5mm stereo mini jack) output and a USB Type B connection. The unit is reasonably sized and is not heavy (2.1kg) so extremely portable! The frequency response is 20-20,000Hz, has a S/N ratio of 103dB and a total harmonic distortion of 0.005%.
In addition to the above-mentioned features there is the new Pad Scratch which allows you to reproduce scratches based on the recordings provided by DJ Jazzy Jeff, simply at the press of a button. There are eight differing scratch techniques that have been provided by the well-known DJ, and the scratch speed will automatically match the BPM; so even with little knowledge or experience quality sounding performances can be created. Pad Scratch can be used on its own, or in conjunction with your own scratching, which allows for boundless creative potential.
Another new feature is FX Fade which replaces Filter Fade. With this feature you can smoothly changeover the incoming track even if two genres of music are being used. Additionally, both the FX can be applied, and the volume reduced, simultaneously. There are eight FX patterns in total (two of each of the following) which is back spin, loop playback, high pass filter and low pass filter.
The Pioneer DDJ-SB3 contains an in-built audio interface (soundcard) which means you can connect the controller to the laptop (via USB) and you are all ready to play. There is a Mic input circuit which provides precise, clear audio without any distortion, a vinyl mode, and four deck mode. The controller is USB bus powered, is Class compliant so there is not a requirement to install a driver, and has small grab handles on both sides making the console easier to carry. Finally, there is the option (available separately) for more advance DJs to upgrade to Serato DJ Pro (formerly known as Serato DJ).
As Pioneer DDJ-SB3 comes with all accessories (including Serato DJ Lite, USB cable and a Quick Start Guide) you literally connect it to your laptop and are all ready to go, plug-and-play!
- Designed for use with Serato DJ Lite for intuitive DJ performances.
- World’s first Pad Scratch for easy, professional scratch performances.
- FX Fade for smooth mixing.
- Visual design enables intuitive performances.
- Built-in sound card (audio interface) – plug and play by simply connecting the controller to your laptop using a single USB cable.
- Class compliant – no need to install a driver.
- Mic input circuit – clear audio without distortion, even with high input level.
- USB bus powered.
- Grab handles on both sides – easy to carry.
- Paid upgrade to Serato DJ Pro (previously known as Serato DJ) – for more professional DJ performances (available separately).
- Software Serato DJ Lite (previously known as Serato DJ Intro)
- Frequency Response 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion 0.005%
- S/N Ratio 103 dB (USB)
- Input / Output Terminals Inputs MIC x 1 (1/4-inch TS jack)
- Outputs MASTER x 1 (RCA x 1)
- HEADPHONES x 1 (3.5-mm stereo mini jack x 1)
- USB USB (Type B) x 1
- Power Supply USB bus power (DC 5V)
- Power Consumption 500 mA
- Maximum Dimensions (WｘDｘH) 482.6 × 272.4 × 58.5 mm
- Weight 2.1 kg
- Accessories USB cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Compatible OS Mac macOS High Sierra 10.13 (updated to the latest version)
- macOS Sierra 10.12 (updated to the latest version)
- OS X 10.11 (updated to the latest version)
- Windows Windows® 10, 8.1, 7 (the latest service pack)
- 32-bit, 64-bit
- CPU Intel® processor CoreTM i7, i5, i3: 1.07 GHz or above
- Memory 4GB or more of RAM
To know more please Contact Us