A world-class leader in performance, this mixer is designed for playback of High-Resolution Audio (HRA) 24-bit studio master quality sources. Its sonic signature has no equal, satisfying the most stringent vinyl purists. And the dynamics are perfect for DJs that appreciate the uncompressed sound of WAV and FLAC files.
Professional high-end sound quality begins and ends with the audio signal converters. The MP2015 uses premium performance Audio 4 Pro™ delta-sigma modulator converters by AKM [Asahi Kasei Microdevices Corporation] that meet the highest sound quality standards of recording studios. The balanced differential audio input converters deliver 116 dB dynamic range, utilizing a built-in modified FIR architecture that minimizes group delay, allowing excellent linear phase response. The 24-bit audio output converters have the same 116 dB dynamic range and sport AKM’s proprietary 24-bit digital filter for better sound quality achieving low distortion characteristics and wide dynamic range. The differential outputs eliminate the need for AC coupling capacitors further increasing performance. Input and output converters support sample rates of 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, or 96 kHz. Overall Digital/USB in to Line-out, or Line-in to Digital/USB out dynamic range is 116 dB (A-weighted), while Line-input to Line-output dynamic range is a remarkable 113 dB (A-weighted) with vanishingly low THD+N of 0.001%.
Rane MP2015 Rotary Mixer at a Glance:
- No hype, no compromises, just the best mixer Rane has ever made
- Premium filters deliver all the sound-shaping power you need
- The ideal I/O and routing options for any professional DJ system
No hype, no compromises, just the best mixer Rane has ever made
Whether you’re a vinyl purist or a digital DJ who demands the uncompromised dynamics of 24-bit digital audio, the Rane MP2015 delivers. On the purely analog side, Rane took painstaking measures to make the MP2015 as transparent as possible, offering a total of 113dB of dynamic range (A-weighted) with a dramatically low THD+N spec of just 0.0009%. Equally impressive are the digital converters onboard the MP2015, which consist of a set of AKM Audio 4 Pro delta-sigma modulators – the same type found in top-end studio gear. And while we could continue to geek out about these amazing specs, one thing’s for sure, your Rane MP2015 mixer won’t be the bottleneck in your system.
Premium filters deliver all the sound-shaping power you need
Although the Rane MP2015 certainly meets the sound quality standards you need to hang with the studio consoles, it’s still a DJ mixer at heart, and that means top-notch filtering and EQs are a must. Rane loaded the MP2015 with outstanding sweep filters, killer 3-band EQs, and a 3-band isolator EQ on the output too. You can set the 24dB/octave sweep filters to highpass, lowpass, or highpass/lowpass mode on a channel-to-channel basis for a variety of filtering options, whereas a single resonance control drives them all. Each channel (including the submix) also includes a 3-band EQ with 12dB/octave Linkwitz-Riley filter bands that go all the way down to full kill. The output isolator EQ gives you a final chance to shape your tone, with 24dB/octave bands and dedicated crossover knobs.
The ideal I/O and routing options for any professional DJ system
No matter if you’re running an old-school vinyl setup, and quartet of CDJs, or a modern computer-based DJ rig, the Rane MP2015 can not only handle your gear, it will make it shine. Each of the four main inputs includes phono and line-level RCA inputs, complete with a relay-isolated RIAA preamp that includes dual highpass filters to cut out infrasonic rumble. They also include S/PDIF inputs to accommodate CDJs and other digital sources, cutting out unnecessary analog circuity to preserve the highest sound-quality standards. Furthermore, the MP2015 gives you a stereo effects loop plus a microphone input with onboard ducking so you can easily talk over the music. Dual USB Type-B connection let you stream audio from your computer and make changeovers smooth. And if you need even more inputs, you can plug straight into the Submix channel too.
Rane MP2015 Rotary Mixer Features:
- A 4-channel performance-oriented rotary mixer created for DJs who demand uncompromising audio quality
- Certified by Native Instruments for use with Traktor Scratch
- Main stereo input channels include relay-isolated RIAA phono preamps, line inputs, and S/PDIF connections
- 3-band channel equalizers include total kills and software-adjustable crossover points
- Sweep filters on each channel include highpass, lowpass, and bidirectional highpass/lowpass modes
- Submix channel lets you combine input channels and offers bath equalization and filtering
- 3-band output isolator equalizer includes crossover adjustment knobs and 24dB/octave slopes
- Additional I/O includes a microphone input with ducking, a stereo effects loop, analog aux input, and USB
- Dual class-compliant USB connections allow for smooth transitions between digital DJs
- Analog Inputs:1 x XLR/TRS Combo, 6 x stereo RCA, 1 x stereo RCA (Loop Return)
- Analog Outputs:2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4″, 1 x stereo RCA, 1 x stereo RCA (Loop Send)
- Digital Inputs:5 x Coax
- Digital Outputs:1 x Coax
- Headphones:2 x 1/4″
- USB:2 x Type B
- Weight:15 lbs.